This policy should be read carefully. By accessing or using our Website, you acknowledge and confirm that you have read all of the terms of this Policy and our Website’s Terms and Conditions, and that you understand, accept and agree to be bound by all the provisions contained in this Policy and the Terms and Conditions as contained on our Website.
This Policy only applies with regard to the information collected on the Website and not with regard to any information collected or obtained through other methods or sources.
Our Policy ensures that any information which you provide us remains private, secure and confidential. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your prior consent.
You can check and update the information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly upon your written request.
Our website i.e. www.courierdirect.com is owned, operated and directed by COURIER DIRECT COM (PTY) LTD T/A COURIER DIRECT
- (a Private Company, duly registered as such in terms of the relevant laws of the Republic of South Africa and having Registration Number 2014/280487/07 with its principle place of business situated at 71 Landmarks Avenue, Centurion. Gauteng.
- We have referred to the aforementioned enterprise in this document as “Courier Direct”, “us”, “we”, or “our”)
- Accordingly, we will only use the information that we collect from you and that which you furnish us with, lawfully and in accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002, the National Credit Act No. 34 of 2005, the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 and all other applicable data protection legislation enacted in South Africa from time to time.
2. YOUR INFORMATION
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We collect personally identifiable information from you, that is volunteered when you register on our website (www.courierdirect.com), place an order, fill out an online form and/or in response to specific information requests unambiguously and explicitly presented to you.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your first and last name, your e-mail address, your postal address, your date of birth, your contact details, and details of a payment mechanism, such as your credit/debit card information.
- We may also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. This may assist us in diagnosing problems with our server, and to administer our Website in order to be able to provide you with efficient and uninterrupted service. When you use the internet, an IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer. An IP address assists in identifying you during a particular session for security purposes and to gather broader demographic data.
2. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information that we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to respond better to your individual needs and communicate with you effectively;
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To process transactions;
- To send periodic emails to you;
- To control and manage your account;
- To analyse your use of our service;
- To conduct research for marketing purposes;
- To regulate deals/transactions and purchase products tailored in accordance with your specific interests, needs and location;
- To enforce and apply our terms and conditions.
3. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
The email address which you provide for order processing and/or registration, may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To send you information and updates pertaining to your order or use of our service;
- To send you information pertaining to your account details and/or status;
- To send you occasional news, updates, related to our Website;
- To send you promotional emails;
- To offer you additional services related to Courier Direct;
- To remind you of the services we offer.
Kindly note that If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email as well as an account review in which you may specifically indicate as to which communications you would like to receive and those which you would elect to exclude.
3. SECURITY & RETENTION – PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
1. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep any information contained therein confidential.
- After a transaction has been concluded, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will be kept on file or stored on our database for a period not exceeding 3 (Three) years after it is last accessed or used by us.
- Data transmission over the internet can never be warranted to be entirely secure. Whilst we may take all reasonable steps and precautionary measures to safeguard your personal information, we may be unable to prevent unauthorised access to such information by third parties or inadvertent disclosure of such information during transit and we are not responsible for any actions taken by such third parties. You acknowledge and accept taking this risk when communicating with and transacting on our Website.
2. DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, distributed, provided to or given to any other company or individual or any other outside party for any reason whatsoever, without your prior written consent, other than third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential, or for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested or if requested by a department having legal authority to which the Law requires such disclosure.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
1. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore take no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
3. YOUR CONSENT
4.CONSENT TO TRANSFER
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of COURIER DIRECT COM (PTY) LTD T/A COURIER DIRECT, then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Website (including, without limitation, PII and other information), to one or more relevant third parties.
5. NON PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to constantly improve the Service, we may use certain non-personal or depersonalised information that may be collected from time to time through your use of the Website or from other sources, to develop targeted advertising on our Website and on websites of third parties. This information may also be shared with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, suppliers and investors, for the purposes of improving the Service, and analysing the business.
6. CUSTOMER SERVICE
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or on (012) 657 – 1985 (T)//086 661 1237 (F) or by sending your concerns to us by post at P.O BOX 3768, THE REEDS, 0158
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- Please note that this Policy forms part of the Terms & Conditions for use of this Website and forms part of the Agreement between you and us.
- This Policy is reviewed from time to time and may be amended at our sole discretion, in whole or part, to ensure that it reflects how we use your information.
- Therefore, by continuing to use our Website following any amendments that may have been implemented, it shall be deemed that you have agreed to such amendments. Accordingly, we recommend that you review this page frequently so that you are aware of any amendments.